Halep, a two-time Grand Slam champion, and Hingis, a winner of seven Grand Slams during the 90s, will join a bevy of local and international talent for the Africa Cares Tennis Challenge, which will be held at Wanderers stadium in Johannesburg from 3-4 December.
Other WTA stars who have confirmed their attendance include former US Open winner Sloane Stephens, and this year's Wimbledon and US Open finalist from Tunisia, Ons Jabeur.
The aim of the event is to not only help promote South African tennis, but highlight the ongoing fight against gender-based violence in the country.
Confirming her attendance, Halep said she was grateful to be part of such an event.
"As a tennis player I have been inspired by many and am always pushing to the highest level, so it is definitely an honour to encourage the same through this event, while giving awareness towards the issues of Gender-Based Violence," said the Romanian.
Halep announced in September that her season had been cut short after she was forced to undergo nose surgery to correct problems she was having with breathing on court.
"What is sure, is that this year I won't be able to compete in any official tournament anymore," she wrote on social media.
"My 2022 season is over. 2022, you have been an interesting year full of everything! See you on court, 2023!! I feel I still have a lot to do on a tennis court and still have some goals."
Halep is also on the entry list for the upcoming World Tennis League in Dubai, set for December 19-24, where she will join the likes of Novak Djokovic, Iga Swiatek and Nick Kyrgios in a final bow before the end of the year.