Tuesday's Tramore race card postponed due to fears over Storm Berra impact

Weather concerns prompts decision to push meet back.

The meeting at Tramore scheduled for Tuesday has been postponed until Thursday as Storm Berra prepares to make landfall.

Red and orange weather warnings have beein issued for much of Ireland, with officials making an early decision to temporarily call off the card.

Clerk of the course Paddy Graffin said: "The weather forecast has got worse as the day has gone on and we are now faced with the risk of high winds and gusts which could reach up to 130km/h during race time.

"Following numerous conversations with various stakeholders today and with Met Eireann, we felt it was prudent to make an early call to postpone the fixture in the interest of safety for all participants and those who may have been planning to travel to Tramore tomorrow.

"Thanks to the cooperation of others, we are now in a position to host the meeting on Thursday and we will have a ground update before fresh declarations are made on Tuesday morning."

Latest Horse-racing Videos