Oscar De La Hoya confirms boxing comeback at the age of 48

The Golden Boy has mentioned a potential rematch with Floyd Mayweather this summer...

Promoter Oscar De La Hoya has revealed he will be returning to the ring this summer, ending a 13 year exile from the sport.

De La Hoya has confirmed July 3 will be his comeback date although an opponent is yet to be named.

The 48-year-old won 11 world titles across six divisions and is regarded as one of the greatest fighters from his era.

His last fight, however, saw Manny Pacquiao send him into retirement with a one-sided beating.

Since then, De La Hoya has promoted Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and currently works with rising star Ryan Garcia, who will announce his next fight soon.

"On 3 July, I'm making a fight comeback," De La Hoya said at an event promoting Jake Paul versus Ben Askren before dropping the mic and leaving the stage.

His return is expected to take place on streaming service DAZN, which has a deal with De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions.

A rematch with Floyd Mayweather could be on the cards while De La Hoya has also suggested he would fight any top welterweight in the world right now, including Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr.

De La Hoya said Mike Tyson 'inspired' him, who at 54, decided to lace the gloves up to face Roy Jones Jr. in November.

Iron Mike is expected to take on Evander Holyfield after revealing he had agreed a deal for a third bout on May 29.

Latest Boxing Videos