Are Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving the most skilled duo ever?

The NBA has been home to a number of dynamic duos that have combined to win a handful of championships and become household names... are Durant and Irving among the best?

There have been plenty of great duos in the history of the NBA. We've seen Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, and LeBron James and Dwyane Wade all team-up.

All of them have multiple championships together, which puts them in the conversation for not only the best duos of all time but the best players of all time.

In terms of the modern game, the best current duo is Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, and while they've yet to win a championship together, one former NBA superstar is convinced that they're the most skilled duo of all time.

"I haven't seen a pair, a duo that skilled... Mike and Pip?" Tracy McGrady said on Club Shay Shay with Shannon Sharpe.

"There's no other dynamic duo that compares to KD and Kyrie," McGrady continued. "Even if you look at what LeBron and D-Wade was, skill-wise, they still not touching them two boys."

In all honesty, it's hard to argue with McGrady on this one, with both guys part of an extraordinary group of players to average over 25 points per game on 50/40/90 shooting splits.

For those unaware of what 50/40/90 means, that means 50 percent overall field goal percentage, 40 percent from three, and 90 percent from the free-throw line.

Can they create a legacy In Brooklyn?

NBA, Brooklyn Nets duo Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant

Both guys have always wanted to team up together, with the New York Knicks being a rumored destination, before both deciding on Brooklyn instead.

Durant already locked himself into Brooklyn until 2026, and while Irving is almost certainly going to opt-out of his contract and test free agency this summer, it's widely expected that he'll re-sign with the team he grew up rooting for on a long-term deal.

With both of these guys in Brooklyn for the next few years, they have a chance to build something unique.

On the court, they'll continue to provide us with some high-scoring totals and extreme efficiency, which should help the Nets continue to compete for a championship for most of this decade. Additionally, they'll be sure to provide hours worth of highlight reels as a duo.

In terms of building a legacy, they have a chance to make the Nets a household name across the league and help them overshine their bigger brothers across the river by bringing in a new generation of fans.

But to do that they'll need to win championships - something the Nets have never done in their history despite heading to two previous NBA finals.

That is where Durant and Irving have a chance to do something special. Nets fans will remember the dynamic duo for decades to come should they deliver an historic championship, and it'd certainly etch their name in the history books.

The best part of all of this is that it'll feel authentic, as both players are best friends off the court and genuinely enjoy playing with each other.

Buckle up, Nets fans! You're going to be in for even more excitement over these next few years!

READ MORE: Kyrie Irving responds to abuse received from Boston Celtics fans

Latest news