Moya also confirmed Nadal will take his place at the season-ending ATP Finals starting on November 13.
The 22-time Grand Slam champion hasn't played since his highly emotional doubles defeat alongside Roger Federer at the Laver Cup.
At the time, Nadal was still dealing with the abdominal injury that forced him to retire ahead of his Wimbledon semi-final against Nick Kyrgios, and which continued to hamper him at the US Open where he was knocked out by Frances Tiafoe.
The 36-year-old has also been adjusting to life as a new father after his wife Mery Perello gave birth to their first child earlier this month.
But it looks like Nadal is ready to return, with Moya confirming he will use the Paris Masters 1000 event in Bercy to help prepare for the ATP Finals in Turin two weeks later.
"Before arriving in Turin, you have to play matches in Paris, which are similar," Moya told IB3 TV.
"Rafa is competitive wherever he is and we go with hope and illusion."
Last week, Nadal's doctor also confirmed he was training well and was close to returning to action.
"Rafa is fine, very happy with his fatherhood," he told Spanish newspaper El Comercio.
"Once that situation is fulfilled, which logically takes you out of the day to day, he is training well and following the schedule for the end of the season.
"He is a historic player for our sport and there he continues to give us joy."