The 1-0 away to defeat to Everton on Sunday poured more fuel on rumours that Moyes could be facing the chop as West Ham languish in the bottom three of the Premier League.
West Ham now have five defeats from their opening seven Premier League games and just two wins in their last 14. Moyes admitted after the Everton defeat he needed to get the team to rediscover their form from as long ago as the start of the year.
"I need them, I need them to play at their best. I have seen the performances a lot of those players can put in. I am the one who takes the responsibility and I have got to get them back at that level quickly," he said.
Social media sparked rumours that Moyes could be on his way out after spending £170million over the summer rebuilding West Ham's team.
Bookies were spooked by the news and cut his odds of being the next Premier League manager to go to as low as 8/1. Moyes had been around the 20/1 mark after the controversial defeat to Chelsea.
Moyes has been very wary of throwing his new signings straight into the action, preferring to stick with his more senior pros in the league. It has lead to many saying he is struggling to deal with higher profile players.
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is still odds-on favourite in the next Premier League manager to be sacked market, with Wolves manager Bruno Lage and Forest's Steve Cooper following around 6s. Moyes jumps up to fourth favourite, with Villa's Steven Gerrard next at 9/1.
However, a source at West Ham has told Claret and Hugh that Moyes is "100 per cent safe" no matter what happens.
"There are no plans either now or in the future to sack him," reported Claret and Hugh.
"The board has 100 per cent certainty there is no one else more capable than him of turning things around at the club and he will be given plenty of time to prove them right.
"A key London Stadium source made it clear to CandH that the manager was "100 per cent safe" in his job as there is 'nobody out there better equipped to turn things around'."