SOCCER: Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel says he has no plans to buy another striker in the close-season, according to the Daily Mirror.
Their lack of end-product has led to the Blues scoring just 15 goals in the German's 12 games at the helm.
However, Tuchel is not looking to bring in fresh personnel and is keen to work with what he has got.
"We're still looking a little bit for the breakthrough for one or two guys to go on a run and score consistently," he said.
"Obviously that's not the case at the moment and we will not stop pushing and stop looking for solutions to create more clear chances for them.
"That's the way it is, but there's no need now to reflect for the summer or reflect on solutions other than the solutions that we have.
"We have guys we are happy with and who have the potential to be more decisive, and we will try to help them."
Tuchel's assertions hold little weight with the bookmakers, however.
Abraham has struggled for game-time under Tuchel and Chelsea are thought to be willing to jettison the striker, though Pat Nevin thinks that would be a mistake.
The former Blues midfielder, speaking to football.london, said: "Tammy will come back one summer and people will go, 'Who is that guy?' and that will make the difference. So I have no worries about Tammy being good enough for Chelsea."
Keane keen on taking over at Celtic?
Roy Keane is reported to have expressed an interest in the vacant Celtic job.
The club is continuing its search for a permanent successor to Neil Lennon who resigned last month, with former Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder now odds-on favourite with Paddy Power at 5/6.
However, that hasn't stopped Keane, who had a brief spell at Celtic Park as a player, throwing in his hat in the ring, according to The Times.
Keane has not been in charge of a soccer team since leaving Ipswich Town in 2011. The former Manchester United midfielder is rated a 13/5 shot to take over from Lennon.
Interestingly, Keane is 9/2 favourite to be named the next Republic of Ireland boss and 66/1 to succeed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford, also with Paddy Power.
Queue action at the World Championship
SNOOKER: Barry Hearn has hailed the return of fans for next month's Betfred World Snooker Championship.
The World Snooker Tour will open the Crucible doors as part of the government's pilot test programme for the return of live crowds.
Ronnie O'Sullivan will be looking for his seventh crown when the 17-day championships start in Sheffield on Saturday, April 17. A non-socially distanced audience of around 300 will be allowed in for every session.
Snooker boss Barry Hearn said in The Sun: "This is fabulous news for the players, who have really missed the buzz of playing in front of a crowd."
* All odds correct at time of publication