Cristiano Ronaldo is looking for a way out of Old Trafford according to the latest speculation following yet another frustrating result for Manchester United.
The Red Devils have just four wins in their last eight games, and their latest 3-1 win over Burnley hardly papered over the cracks that were revealed the game prior, with Ronaldo cutting an increasingly frustrated and isolated figure when things don't go his way.
His failure to acknowledge the travelling support at St James' Park was the latest in a long list of worrying developments for United fans.
Further fuel was added to the fire with a report the next morning linking him to Barcelona - since dismissed as a hoax.
Nevertheless, the fact the claims gained traction suggest the departure of Ronaldo just half a season after his much-heralded return is no longer the fanciful idea it once was.
Storming down the tunnel… AGAIN
Going straight down the tunnel and into the changing room after matches seems to have become a common theme since Ronaldo rejoined United in the summer.
Once again, Ronaldo took it upon himself to head straight down the tunnel following the 1-1 draw with Newcastle.
Evidently unhappy and frustrated, Ronaldo had no time after the match to thank the United fans who had travelled up to the north-east, or maybe he just doesn't like a 1-1 scoreline.
Neville fumes at Ronaldo
A second-half strike from substitute Edinson Cavani rescued a point for a lacklustre United at relegation-threatened Newcastle. However, it wasn't the result that annoyed Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville as much as it was the reaction of Portuguese duo Bruno Fernandes and Ronaldo, who were singled out post-match.
The former United defender was not happy with the two players' body language, as they repeatedly threw their arms in the air when possession was lost. Which was 167 times to be exact.
After being the first player to depart the St James' Park pitch, Neville said of Ronaldo: "At the end of the day, I love that lad, he's the best I've ever seen in my life at times, but don't run off like that. I'm not having that."
Is Rangnick already losing the dressing room?
Ralf Rangnick is early into his tenure at Old Trafford but there are already reports of a dressing room divide, with squad morale said to be low.
Although he is still unbeaten, the dressing room cliques which were a feature of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's tenure are still in evidence, with United looking disjointed on the pitch.
Rangnick was forced to abandon his trusted 4-2-2-2 formation at half-time at St James' Park and although the visitors escaped with a draw, the performance left plenty of room for improvement.
Ronaldo once again cut a lonely figure and struggled to have an impact on the game. The striker's frustration was underlined by a wild and reckless swipe for the ball which resulted in him being shown a yellow card.
It was not the behaviour of a player who was still being talked of as the GOAT when he returned to Old Trafford in the summer.
Could he be about to join Barcelona?
In short, no. But the rumour did quickly go viral after Ronaldo had angrily stormed off at St James' Park.
December 28 is the Spanish equivalent of our April Fool's Day and Mundo Deportivo reported that Ronaldo had contacted giants Barcelona over a transfer.
The story also said that he had been in touch with former United team-mate Gerard Pique to set up a meeting with new Barca boss Xavi and that his agent was already in talks with the Catalan club's president Joan Laporta.
To ham it up further it added that Ronaldo had enquired about renting none other than Lionel Messi's old house.
The story ultimately proved to be complete fiction, but the fact that so many people bought into it only served to underline just how badly it is going for Ronaldo at Old Trafford.