Manny Pacquiao has 'agreed' to fight Conor Benn confirms promoter Sean Gibbons
Sean Gibbons has confirmed he is waiting for confirmation from Eddie Hearn about a blockbuster bout between boxing legend Manny Pacquiao and Conor Benn.
It was expected that Chris Eubank Jr would fight arch-rival Benn in a rescheduled fight at 160lbs on June 3 in the UAE. However, according to Liam Smith, Eubank will take on the ex-world champion in a rematch later this summer.
Pacquiao is ready to jump in and make a sensational comeback of his own and face Britain's unbeaten star after missing out on becoming the Philippines' president last year, according to his advisor and head of MP Promotions.
"Will he fight this year? You know what, Senator Manny Pacquiao has agreed to fight Conor Benn. Do me a favour, call Eddie Hearn. The ball is in his court. Senator Manny Pacquiao is happy to fight Conor Benn. Agreed - please call Eddie Hearn," Gibbons exclusively told Planet Sport.
He will fight overseas after remaining under investigation by the British Board of Control for two failed drugs tests while giving up his British boxing license in the process.
Speaking about Benn's next fight, Hearn said in March: "He definitely wants to go straight back into a huge fight.
"This has been the most high-profile boxing story since September. There have been so many other fighters who have failed tests. Some of them, are pound-for-pound champions. And it has disappeared within a few weeks.