Eddie Hearn says there are no talks over a mega fight with Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, but says the bout the British fans want to see could happen in February.
Clearly still frustrated after the collapse of the fight in May, Joshua's promoter believes a match-up could happen early next year, if the pair get past their next opponents.
AJ vs Fury was dashed in May when a legal ruling in the United States wrecked a proposed fight in Saudi Arabia on August 14.
An arbitration hearing upheld claims from fellow heavyweight Deontay Wilder that he was contractually owed a third fight with WBC champion Fury, with Joshua then labelling his countryman a "fraud" on Twitter.
Since then Fury's trilogy fight with Wilder has been delayed until Saturday, October 9 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas after Fury and his team contracted Covid-19.
That postponement has been questioned by Hearn, who suggested the fight had been pulled because of low ticket sales.
Joshua meanwhile fights WBO mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk on September 25 at The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Hearn told talkSPORT: "We wanted to do it in December.
"But I think with AJ fighting September 25, Fury now delayed until October, I think February is more realistic.
"They had a huge offer from Saudi Arabia to do the fight there.
"Ultimately in the fight game, which is extremely dangerous and these guys are putting themselves on the line, it is about generating as much money for the fight as possible.
"With fans back in the UK is that an option? Las Vegas? We'll see.
"But first things first, let's just beat Usyk, because if that doesn't go to plan we can forget about it."
Hearn, who said he thought the fight would never happen only six weeks ago, later told talkSPORT.com there were no negotiations about the potential fight.
"No, no talks with anyone because I don't wanna waste my time," said Hearn.
"I spent six months wasting my time so let's get these fights out of the way and let's see what happens."