In case you did not know, Eddie Hearn has recently released his very own book. The promoter was quick to note that this is not an autobiography, it is in fact a business book.
Sure, you get a few quotes in there worthy of Hearn's public mantra, but at its core is a motivational and inspirational look into the upbringing of one of the leading sports promoters in the world today.
For anyone who does not know Eddie's story and if you just know him from certain clips on social media, this is a must-read for all boxing fans. It offers a great insight into the behind the scenes going on when fights are made, and the highs and lows that process brings.
Hearn's public persona has changed a lot over the years, but after finishing this book you should have a lot more respect for the man.
Here are some of the best quotes from Relentless, you're welcome.
1) "[Barry] was terrified that I'd grow up to become all the things he didn't like - the spoilt rich kid having things handed to him on a plate"
2) "I really thought I was the nuts! In fact, I was a complete knob… "As a kid living in my dad's shadow, however, I found it hard to be myself"
3) "To get on with life, you have to be a little fearful of what's ahead."
4) "Now I had to prove myself to [Barry], as well as everyone else at Matchroom."
5) "'Mate, you won't regret it,' I replied, while a small voice in my head said fuck!"
6) "'That's the guy. That's the promoter, Eddie Hearn.' Nobody went, 'That's Barry's son,' which was a first."
7) "I felt like a con artist."
8) 'Eddie, you just took Audley Harrison to a world title shot, if you can promote him, you can promote anyone!'
9) "I struggled to watch others shine… Now, I wish my competitors every success and happiness, and I mean it."
10) "I wanted to restart boxing on a scale that befitted the sport… the sport is a monster."
11) "I went to Wembley Stadium, driven by passion and the belief that I could create one of the best nights of boxing this country's ever had."
12) Bob Arum "is an old guy, frail around the edge, but brimming with dedication and enthusiasm for what he does."
13) On making Joshua vs Ruiz after Miller's failed tests: "I had snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, and it felt sweet."
14) 'You know what mate; I'm going to have a walk.' - "I was reeling in the same way as AJ."
15) Ruiz vs Joshua 2: "Did anybody have a clue how difficult that deal was to pull off? None at all, and they will never know enough how tough it was."
16) "When it comes down to it, the world is full of slags."
17) "Even though it was me who paid the fucking fine out of my own pocket, for the sake of the fight, it was worth every penny."
18) "I want to help AJ to create an untouchable legacy in boxing."
19. "'What if there's a storm?' Then it will look fucking epic."
20) "Sometimes it's like watching a mate up there, and I'm desperate for them to win."
The book ends with Hearn's reflection on his love for boxing. He has seen so any high-level fights over the years and continues to work with the best fighters in the world, including Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin.
With Hearn set to announce Joshua vs Fury within the next week, and his mission to dominate world boxing with DAZN, you can expect another book to be released with just as many standout quotes.