Either Sebastian Vettel or Fernando Alonso will be crowned 2012 World Champion when the chequered flag falls at the season-ending Brazilian GP on Sunday
Defending champion Vettel heads into the title-deciding race as the favourite to win his third consecutive crown as he holds a 13-point lead over the Ferrari driver following his second-place finish at Austin.
However, Formula One has proved in recent years that it’s not over until the Fat Lady sings and Alonso is sure to go all out to in an attempt to win his hat-trick of titles.
Here are the permutations for the 2012 Championship.
Vettel will win the title if…
* He finishes in the top four
* He finishes fifth, sixth or seventh and Alonso is second or lower
* He finishes eighth or ninth and Alonso is third or lower
* He finishes 10th or lower and Alonso fails to make it onto the podium
Alonso will win the title if…
* He wins the race and Vettel is fifth or lower
* He finishes second and Vettel is eighth or lower
* He finishes third and Vettel is 10th or lower